Re: st: Binomial regression

From   Richard Goldstein <>
Subject   Re: st: Binomial regression
Date   Sat, 04 Aug 2007 17:21:31 -0400

I have just returned from Salt Lake City to find this
interesting discussion.  Although I have nothing to add
for the situation where the identity link is used, I
note that others have complained about failure to
converge when using the log link (relative risk
interpretation).  For those cases, there is a solution:
use poisson regression with robust error variance;
see Zou, G (2004), "A Modified Poisson regression
approach to prospective studies with binary data,"
_American Journal of Epidemiology_, 159: 702-706.