st: A Question on Do-File Editor

From   Asgar Khademvatani <>
Subject   st: A Question on Do-File Editor
Date   Wed, 01 Aug 2007 19:00:51 -0600

Dear All Stata list:

When I am trying to insert more text lines on my Do-file on the Do-file Editor, Stata gives the following error message box as follows:
"you have reached to maximum number of characters that the Do-file Editor can hold(30000 bytes). No more texts may be inserted."
I know that I can split my Do-file to two smaller ones but if I do not want to do this way, otherwise, I am just wondering is there any way to increase the maximum number of characters of the Do-file Editor to more than 30000 bytes?
Thank you

Asgar Khademvatani
University of Calgary
* For searches and help try: