st: predict with xtfrontier

From   "Dascha Orlova" <>
Subject   st: predict with xtfrontier
Date   Mon, 30 Jul 2007 15:24:55 +0200

I'm estimating a cost function with xtfrontier. After the estimation I predict the efficiency scores using predict te_scores,te.

The predicted scores are in the intervall (1;eternity) and hard to interprete though.

The subject has been discussed here already and I've read:

However these threads don't really solve my problem: which way do I compute the MEAN efficiency to make it comparable to other studies? Invertation affects the distribution of the scores, so the results vary between:
E(inverse te_scores)
1/(E(originally predicted te_scores))

I hope, I managed to explain my problem :-)

Thank you very much in advance...

Browser-Versionen downloaden: