st: RE: RV: RE: Sum over all possible combinations

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: RV: RE: Sum over all possible combinations
Date   Mon, 23 Jul 2007 19:11:41 +0100

That can happen if you don't tell us the _real_ problem.
And you haven't yet, as "a somewhat complex weighting scheme"
could mean various things.

But yes, Mata would help a lot. You just need to loop doubly
over your data. Sorting your data and looping only over non-negative
differences and then doubling might help.