Re: st: Cluster/PCA for predicting a binary outcome?

From   "K Jensen" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Cluster/PCA for predicting a binary outcome?
Date   Wed, 18 Jul 2007 13:09:16 +0100

Thanks, Paul! This is part way towards what I was hoping to do.
I have a set of variables that more-or-less form groups that tend to
be correlated with each other, but not with the other variables.
I would like to produce more than one linear function a la "discrim"
for each of the groups. Or that would have one linear function that
has high weights on one group, another on the second and so on.
BTW, I am making the groups sound a lot more defined than they are; it
is more of a tendency than anything absolute.
Thankyou again
Karin