st: Stata/SAS data transfer programs have been updated on the SSC archive

From   Dan Blanchette <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Stata/SAS data transfer programs have been updated on the SSC archive
Date   Mon, 16 Jul 2007 11:20:56 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks to Kit Baum, the SSC now has updated
versions of my Stata/SAS data conversion programs:
-savasas-
-usesas-
and my SAS macro SAVASTATA which is used by -usesas-
or can be invoked in a SAS session to save a SAS
dataset as a Stata dataset.

My -savasas- program now saves value labels assigned
to special missing values (.a, .b, .c etc) as well
as negative numbers.

Stat/Transfer and DBMS/Copy create a SAS format
for each Stata value label even if that value
label is used for many variables (like a yes_no
value label). So if you have twenty variables that
use one value label, your SAS dataset will have
twenty SAS formats instead of just one format assigned
to twenty variables (as you would want). My programs
do what you want.

This is all you have to do to update:
. ssc install savasas, replace
. ssc install usesas, replace

I tested my programs on Windows Vista and they seem to work just fine. SAS 9.2 will work on Windows Vista whenever
that version is released.

I don't get many users e-mailing me with bug fixes for my
programs. If you find one or would like to suggest an
improvement, let me know.

Best,

Dan Blanchette

Research Computing
University of North Carolina Chapel Hill

* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/