Re: st: Stata on a Mac

From   Michael McCulloch <>
Subject   Re: st: Stata on a Mac
Date   Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:39:43 -0700

1. Does anyone know whether I can install my PC version of Stata on to a Mac with this dual operating system?
Hello Gauri,
It could be run on a Mac if you use something like Parallels (, which allows you to set up Windows on a Mac. You can also purchase a support plan which gives lots of advice in setup.

2. If anyone has any comments/experiences with switching to a MAC from a PC (I currently use DELL), please let me know. I know little about computers (the only thing I want is Stata to work).
Stata X for Mac works just fine, although the directory structure is different, which has implications in file saving or calling do-files.

* For searches and help try: