st: Stata on a Mac

From   "Gauri Khanna" <>
Subject   st: Stata on a Mac
Date   Thu, 12 Jul 2007 19:33:13 +0000

Dear Stata List,

I am a PC user and have been using a PC version of Stata 9 (and now 10). My laptop is four years old and needs replacing.

I was thinking of purchasing a Mac because of its cool graphics but also that now Mac has a dual operating system.

1. Does anyone know whether I can install my PC version of Stata on to a Mac with this dual operating system?

2. If anyone has any comments/experiences with switching to a MAC from a PC (I currently use DELL), please let me know. I know little about computers (the only thing I want is Stata to work).

Sorry if this question falls outside the realm of the usual Stata list questions.

* For searches and help try: