st: replacing after egen

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: replacing after egen
Date   Thu, 5 Jul 2007 11:41:43 +0200

Dear Statalisters,

I beg Your pardon for my trivial thread.

I have calculated via egen the total number of administrations of a given
drugs (Alfa=parenteral; Beta=per os).

egen Sum=rowtotal(Alfa Beta)

Now I have to amend the data in Alfa, but I notice that replace doesn't work
after egen. Besides, I wasn't able to fin  about this issue seem to arise
from Stata Data Management Manual (egen section).

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot for Your Kindness and for Your Time.

Kind Regards,