Re: st: weight

From   "Friedrich Huebler" <>
Subject   Re: st: weight
Date   Tue, 3 Jul 2007 14:21:43 -0400

Your survey data should already contain a weight variable. If you tell
us exactly what kind of data you have, a list member may be able to
identify the weight in the dataset.

On 7/3/07, Sebastian Kruk <> wrote:
Dear everybody,

I have a Stata database and a Excell spreadsheet.

In the first one,  I have a survey microdata of households (v.g.
income, quality of life, poverty, education, employment, housing and

In the second one, I have a excell archive with population
projections. I will like to use it to compute a weight for a data in

I would like to use the second one to compute weights for values of
the first one.

How I form groups by ages and then I use a weight by group of age?