Re: st: Stat/Transfer 9 already defaults to Stata 10, so be careful

From   Steven Dubnoff <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stat/Transfer 9 already defaults to Stata 10, so be careful
Date   Wed, 13 Jun 2007 20:52:38 -0700

One other tidbit: Stat/Transfer 9 now uses an activation code system. As I understand it, the software can only be installed on one machine at a time, although you can de-activate and re-activate on another machine. I don't mind reasonable copy-protection, but personally I think most software should be usable on both a desktop and a laptop by the same person.

Our license explicitly permits use on more than one computer, as long as that use is primarily by the same person. With our new activation scheme, you will have no problems installing a single user license for Stat/Transfer on a reasonable number of computers. You will, however, have problems installing it on all of a department's computers, which is precisely the problem we are trying to combat.

If anyone thinks that our activation system is getting in the way of what they think is reasonable use of Stat/Transfer, please communicate directly with me or with our sales department.

Best,

Steve

Steven Dubnoff [email protected]
Circle Systems We make your data instantly usable.
Download Stat/Transfer from http://www.stattransfer.com
1001 Fourth Avenue, #3200 (206) 682-3783
Seattle, WA 98154 Fax (206) 328-4788

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/