Re: st: Stat/Transfer 9 already defaults to Stata 10, so be careful

Subject   Re: st: Stat/Transfer 9 already defaults to Stata 10, so be careful
Date   Thu, 14 Jun 2007 00:13:05 -0500

At 10:52 PM 6/13/2007, Steven Dubnoff wrote:
Our license explicitly permits use on more than one computer, as long as that use is primarily by the same person. With our new activation scheme, you will have no problems installing a single user license for Stat/Transfer on a reasonable number of computers. You will, however, have problems installing it on all of a department's computers, which is precisely the problem we are trying to combat.

If anyone thinks that our activation system is getting in the way of what they think is reasonable use of Stat/Transfer, please communicate directly with me or with our sales department.
I stand corrected! The part I focused on said "Can I move the application to another computer? Yes, this can be done easily. It is simply a matter of uninstalling the application on one computer, reinstalling the application on the new machine, and reactivating the software. If you have remembered your password this will be a fast and easy process. "

But, looking more carefully, I see that the docs also say "If you have a single-computer license for Stat/Transfer, you are permitted to install it on up to two computers."

Sorry about that.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]