Statalist The Stata Listserver

RE: st: sts graph legend, reshape and value labels

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: sts graph legend, reshape and value labels
Date   Thu, 31 May 2007 17:51:37 +0100

I think the problem is the considerable generality
of -reshape- and -collapse-. Naturally you notice
when labels disappear and that seems unnecessary.
You would surely notice -- or not notice and be misled --
if they appeared and did not apply. I think it is
a super-hard programming problem to be clear exactly
when to do one thing and when the other. That's what
I recall dimly from previous discussions of this

A similar comment applies to -stack-.

Austin Nichols