Re: st: Update to -estout- available from SSC

From   Michael Hanson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Update to -estout- available from SSC
Date   Wed, 30 May 2007 09:27:03 -0400

On May 30, 2007, at 4:21 AM, Ben Jann wrote:

An update to the -estout- package is available from the SSC archive.
There was a silly bug in -esttab- that caused the -fixed- mode to
abort with error. To install the update, type

. ssc install estout, replace

or use the -adoupdate- command.
Ben: thanks yet again for the update to -estout-, which I have found to be a nearly essential package to install. Is there a place one can find a list of changes / revisions to the package (perhaps by date and/or version number)?

Separately, one small "bug" (in my opinion): -style(smcl)- draws dashed (hyphenated) lines when @hline is used, rather than the SMCL- style lines mentioned in the help file. (The dashed lines seem appropriate for -style(tab)- or -style(fixed)-.) I do note that the work-around you suggested earlier on the list, to use -"{hline @width}"-, still displays the desired SMCL-style lines. Thanks!

-- Mike

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/