Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Re: multiple corrections, non-normal data

From   "Clive Nicholas" <>
Subject   Re: st: Re: multiple corrections, non-normal data
Date   Mon, 28 May 2007 03:14:14 +0100

Kit Baum wrote:

Aha! Given the locale, it must be lutkefisk!
Nick Cox replied:

The original poster hails from which is the Institute
of Marine Research in Norway. We need hard data to
settle Elizabeth [Allred]'s conjecture, but I would put
a very low prior probability on iguanas being
a research topic among Norwegian fisherysciencefolk.
I wouldn't put your money on lobsters either.
Personally, I'm surprised that none of you have considered the
possibility that she was actually referring to tiny, die-cast model
submarines armed with even tinier nuclear warheads.

Well, it's obvious to _me_.

Clive Nicholas