Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Logit output

From   "Neil Shephard" <>
Subject   Re: st: Logit output
Date   Fri, 25 May 2007 19:31:26 +0100

On 5/25/07, Rachel <> wrote:
I'm having stata execute a very large number of Logit commands to
check for robustness, and I'm only interested in seeing the
coefficients and p-values.  Is there any way to

1. Suppress all output except covariate names, coefficient values and
p-values  and
You could surround the chunk of code with the -quietly- command...

2. To temporarily save the last p-value using ereturn or a similar
command?  (The manual entry for -Logit- does not list the significance
levels among the statistics that can be saved.)
I'd be inclined to use something like -parmest- (see -ssc desc
parmest- for more information) to save the results from each model to
a file, and then -append- all results into one data set for easy
comparision and tabulation (perhaps with -listtex- or -tabout-).

"In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to
them."  - Johann von Neumann

Email - /
Website -
Photos -