st: Multiple comparisons, non-normal data

From   Knag Anne-Christine <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Multiple comparisons, non-normal data
Date   Thu, 24 May 2007 14:33:22 +0200

Hi,
I have data on an experiment where 9 tanks were sampled every day for 3
months. One of the variables measured were fecundity. Relative fecundity
(fecundity at day n divided by total fecundity of the tank) is not normally
distributed. Can someone please help me to figure out how I can compare the
distribution of the fecundity between the 9 tanks?

Each of the nine tanks contains one group of individuals that have been
given either treatment C, L, M, H or E at time 1 or 2. I.e tank 9 is a group
given treatment E at time 2, while tank 4 is a group given E at time 1.
There are no replicates of the treatment, but if there is no effect of time
(1 or 2) given the treatment, I believe that I can use the tanks with the
same treatment given at different times se as replicates of treatment.

In addition to have measured the fecundity (number of eggs produced), I also
have the diameter of the eggs collected. I would like to know how the
diameter changes over time in each of the tanks and whether it differs
between the tanks.

I will be very, very grateful for any help that you can give me.
Thanks and have a nice day!
/Anne-Christine