Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: comparing regression models

From   Michael McCulloch <>
To   Statalist <>
Subject   st: comparing regression models
Date   Wed, 23 May 2007 06:59:28 -0700

Dear Statalist members,
In a Cox regression, I'm comparing the magnitude of influence of each predictor variable (a, b, c, and d) on the effect size, hazard ratio y. I will run successive iterations of the model, each with one variable dropped. So:

stcox y a b c d /*model: full */
stcox y b c d /*model: drop a */
stcox y a c d /*model: drop b */
stcox y a b d /*model: drop c */
stcox y a b c /*model: drop d */

I will then sort and plot the hazard ratios in ascending order.
My question:
Is there a way to store the HR & model name in an external dataset for plotting, or is it best to do this manually?

Thank you.

* For searches and help try: