st: balanced sub-panel to test for selection bias

From   Olga Lyashevskaya <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: balanced sub-panel to test for selection bias
Date   Wed, 23 May 2007 05:26:55 -0700 (PDT)

Dear users,

I have unbalanced panel data (unequal time series for
observations, but no
missing observations)
Dataset contains variables on farms from 1980 to 1996.
Not all years are
present for each farm.
I would like to test it for selection bias by means of
Hausman test.
Therefore if I understand correctly I have to obtain
two models: balanced
and unbalanced.

My question is how can I obtain balanced sub-panel in
this situation?

I have searched through help files as well as archive
but could not find
an answer to this question.
There was one post on similar problem on May, 19 "How
to drop te get a
balanced panel"
Trying to solve problem in this way, resulted in 0
deleted variables. And
it is logical, since my dataset contain unequal time
series, but all
observations are present (0 can be removed)

I apologize if this question has already been asked
and answered.

Kind regards,
Olga

Finding fabulous fares is fun.