Statalist The Stata Listserver

[no subject]

In Stata 9.2 graphics, I am trying to draw a series of graphs that have
value labels on the x-axis drawn in vertical orientation
[i.e., angle(90)].

By default, Stata chooses the vertical space needed for the labels based
on the number of characters in the longest value label.
However, I am doing a series of graphs where the longest label is not
always the same number of characters, therefore the length of
the label space and, correspondingly, the length of the y-axis, keeps
changing (which looks quite ugly!).

Has anyone found a way to define the height of the textbox for the

I tried using a height() option:
   -xlabel(1(1)7, noticks valuelabel angle(90) height(5))-
But this gives an illegal option error.

There was a similar discussion in February. Scott Merryman had a
solution; see:

Hope this helps

Svend Juul
Vennelyst Boulevard 6