Re: st: micombine and overall model fit statistics

Subject   Re: st: micombine and overall model fit statistics
Date   Mon, 21 May 2007 22:16:40 -0500

At 08:11 PM 5/21/2007, Claire M. Kamp Dush wrote:
Dear statalist community,

I am using micombine to deal with my missing data. I only have one issue - how do I get an overall model fit statistic with micombine? Is this possible? For instance, I am using:
We had this discussion a couple of weeks ago. I basically asked the same question in this thread

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2007-04/msg00871.html

which somehow transmuted into this thread:

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2007-04/msg00874.html

See especially Maarten's very detailed post at

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2007-04/msg00900.html

(although I think he said afterwards he had made a mistake somewhere).

I also like Rodrigo's suggestions very much. You could kill yourself trying to get these computed exactly right, and still get it wrong. But, if you look at the estimates produced by each separate imputation and they are all about the same, then I don't think any harm is done by following Rodrigo's suggestions. If, on the other hand, you get big differences, then you may want to spend more time trying to get it exactly right.

Incidentally, -mim- (available from SSC) is the successor to -micombine-. It adds some useful new features. You may need to rename your i and j variables to get it to work with your data set.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]
WWW: http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam