From   "Maarten Buis" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Re: Weibull multiple comparison
Date   Mon, 21 May 2007 15:22:11 +0200

One way is to estimate a single model with dummies for the different designs.
Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081
1081 HV Amsterdam
The Netherlands

visiting address:

+31 20 5986715

-----Original Message-----
From: []On Behalf Of Paul Fenner
Sent: maandag 21 mei 2007 14:59
Subject: st: Re: Weibull multiple comparison

I have an experiment in which 7 different implant designs, 20 repeats for
each implant, are tested to destruction. I have used streg / weibull to fit
a model to the data and the fit is acceptable as asseseed by qweibull. My
problem is to determine if there are any significant differences between the
designs. I had considered doing all possible comparisons using the log rank
test and then smileplot for the subsequent multiple comparison.
Is this a reasonable approach or am I missing an obvious way to compare
Weibull distributions. I am using Stata 9.
Many thanks.

New, exclusive and FREE - Download Madonna's "Hey You" now!