Re: st: Elementary texts

Subject   Re: st: Elementary texts
Date   Sat, 19 May 2007 23:52:52 -0500

At 10:30 PM 5/19/2007, Scott Cunningham wrote:
Is Christopher Baum's book appropriate for that class?  What is the
ideal course for Baum's book, anyway?  I'm teaching masters level
econometrics in the spring 2008 for the first time and have yet to
pick a text, and was wondering whether that one might suit.
Here is the description of Kit's book, and a link to the preface is included:

http://www.stata.com/bookstore/imeus.html

I find William Greene's Econometrics text pretty hard to read, but it is #1 in the field, isn't it? He does provide example datasets in several formats, including Stata. I suspect it is worth looking at even if you don't wind up using it.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]
WWW: http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam