Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: dprobit- marginal effects???

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: dprobit- marginal effects???
Date   Thu, 17 May 2007 09:37:56 +0100 (BST)

--- wrote:
> I compute the marginal effects for my probit model by using dprobit.
> Now I have to interpret them. What is different from interpreting the
> normal results of probit? Why should I use marginal effects? Can
> anybody tell me how these marginal effects are estimated (formula or
> a reference).

A very good explanation of this issue can be found in:
J. Scott Long and Jeremy Freese (2006) "Regression Models for
Categorical Dependent Variables Using Stata", 2nd Edition. College
Station: Stata Press.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam