Re: st: hiding the contents

From   "Rodrigo A. Alfaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: hiding the contents
Date   Wed, 16 May 2007 13:11:45 -0400

If you want to keep copyrights for your code (do or ado)... the previous suggestions are the right way. But if you want to make an easy shortcut for your code, you can call them from profile and locate them into the User menu. Anyway, why is the reason to hide the code?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Onur Baser" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 12:11 PM
Subject: Re: st: hiding the contents

I was thinking more of a exe file or batch file, when you run, the code will call stata, and give the output in the stata.

On May 16, 2007, at 11:54 AM, Neil Shephard wrote:

On 5/16/07, Onur Baser <[email protected]> wrote:

Is there anyway to hide the content of do file or ado file?

I want to send the stata code to the client, he can run it and see
the output, but I dont want to see him the algorithms in it etc.

I may be wrong (and it wouldn't be the first time), but I doubt this
is possible since the a/do language is in essence an interpreted
scripting language and for the client to be able to run it he must
have a copy of it.

Is there anything that is _that_ sensitive anyway?

Neil
--
"Every great advance in natural knowledge has involved the absolute
rejection of authority."  - Thomas H. Huxley

Email - [email protected] / [email protected]
Website - http://slack.ser.man.ac.uk/
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/