Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: hiding the contents

From   Onur Baser <>
Subject   Re: st: hiding the contents
Date   Wed, 16 May 2007 12:11:55 -0400

I was thinking more of a exe file or batch file, when you run, the code will call stata, and give the output in the stata.

On May 16, 2007, at 11:54 AM, Neil Shephard wrote:

On 5/16/07, Onur Baser <> wrote:

Is there anyway to hide the content of do file or ado file?

I want to send the stata code to the client, he can run it and see
the output, but I dont want to see him the algorithms in it etc.

I may be wrong (and it wouldn't be the first time), but I doubt this
is possible since the a/do language is in essence an interpreted
scripting language and for the client to be able to run it he must
have a copy of it.

Is there anything that is _that_ sensitive anyway?

"Every great advance in natural knowledge has involved the absolute
rejection of authority."  - Thomas H. Huxley

Email - /
Website -
Photos -