Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: re: ksmirnov

From   "Ben Jann" <>
Subject   Re: st: re: ksmirnov
Date   Tue, 15 May 2007 10:30:33 +0200

The issue goes somewhat deeper than that. -ksmirnov- computes
incorrect results in the case of ties, and this should be fixed.
However, not that, even if computed correctly, the Kolmogorov-Smirnov
test is conservative for discrete data (see, e.g., Conover 1972).

Conover, W. J. (1972). A Kolmogorov Goodness-of-Fit Test for
Discontinuous Distributions. Journal of the American Statistical
Association 67(339): 591-596.