Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: how can I make a string matrix?

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: how can I make a string matrix?
Date   Tue, 15 May 2007 08:15:02 +0100 (BST)

--- Edgard Alfonso Polanco Aguilar <> wrote:
> I'm working is Stata9 SE and I need to create a string matrix.
> Stata's matrix commands don't allow me to make such a thing and I've
> tried defining it on Mata and then call it from Stata but I haven't
> found a way to do it. Does anybody knows a command or a way to make
> such a thing?

Why do you think you need a string matrix? Stata is designed in such a
way that it is extremely rare that you need such a thing. See for
instance the thread starting with:

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081
1081 HV Amsterdam
The Netherlands

visiting address:

+31 20 5986715

What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Yahoo! Mail Championship.*