Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: string management questions

From   "Wanli Zhao" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: string management questions
Date   Wed, 9 May 2007 17:24:06 -0400

I have two questions on string functions:
1. Is there some way to increase the limit of string length of 244? When I
create string from other string variables, I found some weird things happen.
Now I realize it's due to the length limit of string variable. I am using SE
2. I asked this before. I have a string variable. One observation is like
"a, b, f, g, b, a, a, f, g, g". How do I create another variable which shows
no repeated values, i.e., "a, b, f, g". The sequence does not matter. Thank
you very much.