Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Questions on multiple imputation

From   "Mark Horowitz" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Questions on multiple imputation
Date   Wed, 9 May 2007 09:40:16 -0400

I have a variable that records the year an event occurred, but about 10% of
the observations are missing.† When I run -ice-, some of the imputed values
are future years...† However, the mean imputed values for each missing
observation are actually ok (<2007).† Are the coefficients, standard errors,
etc still ok?† If not, how do you limit the imputed values to < 2007?† I
donít see how the -ice- syntax allows for this.

Also, when I used -micombine- along with -reg- (micombine reg [varlist]),
the ANOVA table, R-squared, RMSE, etc did not show up. Is there a
theoretical reason why these donít appear?