Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: RE: ice problem: return code 2000

From   "Maarten Buis" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: ice problem: return code 2000
Date   Tue, 1 May 2007 14:13:30 +0200

--- ROBERT BOZICK wrote:
> I am having a problem getting the ice multiple imputation
> command to run.  I have used it many times and it has
> worked without a problem.  Today is a different story:
> I am using the command structure:
> ice x1 x2 x3 x4 x5 using "M:\statafiles\data\imputed.dta", seed(2007) m(5)
> After a few minutes of "thinking" Stata provides the response:
> r(2000).

I found that the error messages of the latest version of
-ice- are more informative than those of earlier versions.
Do you have the latest version of -ice- (from ssc, not
from sj)? Typing -which ice- should tell you that you have:
*! version 1.4.0 PR 16mar2007.

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081