Re: st: svyintreg vs. intreg with pweights

Subject   Re: st: svyintreg vs. intreg with pweights
Date   Fri, 20 Apr 2007 07:30:06 -0500

At 05:28 AM 4/20/2007, Sergiy Radyakin wrote:
Hello Statalisters,

I have survey data on incomes (in brackets) and pweights are provided as well.
I would like to find the average income. To do this, I regress the interval ends on a constant using -intreg-

This command works:

intreg inc1 inc2 [pw=my_weight_variable]

This syntax does not work:

version 8
svyset [pw=my_weight_variable]
svyintreg inc1 inc2

(fails after -svyintreg- with the error message "initial values invalid").
There are no zero or missing weights (if it is of any importance).
I get the same error when I try to estimate a constant-only model with svyintreg. HOWEVER, if you have Stata 9, something like this works:

svy: intreg inc1 inc2

If forced to use Stata 8, you can use the noconstant option, e.g.

gen one = 1
svyintreg inc1 inc2 one, noconstant

As far as i know, your original syntax is fine, i.e.

intreg inc1 inc2 [pw=my_weight_variable]

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]
WWW: http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam