st: RE: RE: hausman's test with xtivreg2

Subject   st: RE: RE: hausman's test with xtivreg2
Date   Fri, 20 Apr 2007 11:44:25 +0100

Erasmo,

This is very curious.  Do we have the context right?

If I'm not mistaken, the above makes sense if the authors are talking
about the application of a Hausman test to an equation without fixed
effects.  In that case, omission of the fixed effects would generate
omitted variable bias if the explanatory variables are correlated with
the omitted "fixed effects" since they are now in the error term.

But say we apply the Hausman test to a fixed effects estimation done as
a LSDV (least squares dummy variable) estimation.  Then I can't see what
the problem would be.  There's nothing wrong with explanatory variables
being correlated with each other, and the LSDVs that are included as
regressors are just that.

--Mark