Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Re: programming: exiting nested loops

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: Re: programming: exiting nested loops
Date   Fri, 30 Mar 2007 07:22:47 -0400

help continue

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics

On Mar 30, 2007, at 2:33 AM, statalist-digest wrote:

I'm writing a simulation program where if something happens, I want to
jump out of a set of nested loops and go to the next replication. Is
there a short cut for putting -continue, break- in every nested loop?

When I learned Fortran with numbered program lines (cards, actually, this
was 36 years ago!), I could just write "GO TO 100" which meant go to line
100. Is there anything similar in Stata?