From   "Ellen Van de Poel" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: GLLAMM - probabilities
Date   Fri, 30 Mar 2007 15:04:57 +1000

Dear all,

I am estimating a model of child mortality (1-0) using household and
community random effects. So I have cross-sectional data with a binary
outcome and three levels: child, household community.

I am using the following command:

gllamm u1yrd $xvars , i(hhcode PSU) pweight(wt) f(binom) l(logit) adapt

Thereafter I predict the posterior means of the random effects and the

gllapred re, u

gllapred p0, mu

Now, my problem is that I don't understand why the p0's that I estimate are
not the same as what I get from

gllapred test , mu us(rem)

I would like to make predictions by changing the value of the random
effects. But I'm not sure how to do this since it seems that I don't get the
predicted probability with the latter two equtions.

Could anyone please help me in this matter?

Many thanks in advance for any suggestion,

Ellen Van de Poel