Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: xt prefix command?

From   "Richard Williams" <Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu>
Subject   st: xt prefix command?
Date   Sun, 25 Mar 2007 14:12:51 -0400

I really like how Stata 9 made it so easy for user-written commands to
support prefix commands like svy:, sw: and nestreg:.  Is it beyond the
realm of imagination that there could be an xt: prefix command
someday?  It would be nice if, like svy:, relatively minor changes in
the code could enable your programs to handle panel data.  But,
perhaps the necessary programming is far too complicated to allow for
such a simple solution?  Anyway, if this isn't beyond the realm of
reason, I would add this to my wish list for future versions of Stata.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu