Re: st: svy-command for factor analysis and graphics

From   "Stas Kolenikov" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: svy-command for factor analysis and graphics
Date   Sat, 24 Mar 2007 14:31:57 -0500

You can use [aweights] with some of the graphics commands, e.g. with
-scatter- to make marker sizes proportional to those weight variables.
As for factor analysis, you might want to compute the estimate of the
covariance matrix (through say svy: mean- command) and feed it into
-factormat-. I would find it cheesy, but most of the exploratory
factor analysis is cheesy. I have a very basic confirmatory factor
analysis package -cfa1- that can be made supportive of -svy- settings
by specifying -svy- program option.