Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: ML programming

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: ML programming
Date   Sat, 24 Mar 2007 09:25:26 -0500

At 03:11 PM 3/23/2007, Daniel Lawson wrote:
I can hard-code the name of the threshold variable into the
likelihood function, or I could create a global macro with the name
of the threshold variable, but neither of these seem like elegant
It may not be elegant, but I use global macros in my gologit2 and oglm programs, and then drop them at the end of the program. I probably do all sorts of things that would get me fired if I programmed for Stata, but since I don't, I figure I can get by with it. :) Sometimes programs use s-class subroutines to communicate, but for whatever reason I could never get that to work with my LL functions.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu

* For searches and help try: