st: PLEASE PLEASE complete references [was: Re: Brier Score]

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: PLEASE PLEASE complete references [was: Re: Brier Score]
Date   Thu, 22 Mar 2007 20:50:40 +0000 (GMT)

--- Babak Oskouie <[email protected]> wrote:
> Is there any program/command in stata which calculates
> the expected Brier Score in survival models. I mean
> the Brier Score proposed by Graf (1999) and Gerds
> (2006) where they suggested a weighting scheme to
> compensate for the loss of information due to
> censoring.

Please remember that the statalist is a multidisciplinary list. You can
safely assume that any references that are so common in your discipline
that you can suffice with an author year reference are completely
unknown in other disciplines. One reason is that many techniques have
been invented multiple times in different disciplines and each
discipline still tends to prefer its own inventor. By limiting the
information you give to us you limit the number of people who can help
you, that is not in your interest. This point is also stated clearly in
the statalist FAQ (see the bottom of every statalist post).

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081
1081 HV Amsterdam