From   "Jason Yackee" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Simple Data Question
Date   Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:24:23 -0700

-merge- the two datasets.

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Alex Koltai5
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 5:20 PM
Subject: st: Simple Data Question

Sorry for a such a trivial question but I'm desperate.

   I want to correlate two variables which are stored in different
data files (dat) in Stata.

   Eg. Data1.dat contains variable P1, Data2.dat contains the
variable P2.

   How in the world do I do this in Stata?

   When I load one variable with "use 'Data1.dat'" and then save the
variable that I'm interested in with "gen xy=p1", then if I load the
other file the variable I saved (xy) gets deleted.

    This is annoying as hell. I hope a kind soul will help me with
this trivial (but important to me) question.