Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Simple Data Question

From   "Alex Koltai5" <>
Subject   st: Simple Data Question
Date   Thu, 15 Mar 2007 20:19:31 -0400

Sorry for a such a trivial question but I'm desperate.

  I want to correlate two variables which are stored in different
data files (dat) in Stata.

  Eg. Data1.dat contains variable P1, Data2.dat contains the
variable P2.

  How in the world do I do this in Stata?

  When I load one variable with "use 'Data1.dat'" and then save the
variable that I'm interested in with "gen xy=p1", then if I load the
other file the variable I saved (xy) gets deleted.

   This is annoying as hell. I hope a kind soul will help me with
this trivial (but important to me) question.