Statalist The Stata Listserver

[no subject]

I am using this commands to group observations for risk score

stcox age treat
predict xb,xb
drop if xb==.

gen gr_risk = group(5)

This last command works but I do not find where
the function group() is documented (and why I still use it)

In what sense do you mean that "the command works"? No such function
exists in official Stata (at least not version 9). But -egen- has:

    egen newvar = group(varlist)

    egen newvar = cut(varname) , group(5)

The latter seems to be closest to what you want.

Good luck

Svend Juul
Vennelyst Boulevard 6
DK-8000  Aarhus C, Denmark