From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: Merge2
Date   Fri, 9 Mar 2007 15:04:09 +0100

des _merge
to see if you have this variable already

drop _merge
to drop this variable

Read help for -merge- and -update-

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lucy @ Mac" <>
To: "Statalist" <>
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2007 7:43 AM
Subject: st: Merge2

Hi all again,

Regarding the -merge- question where I have already performed a merge
function from A.dta to B.dta, whenever I try to merge the dataset again, I
am told that "_merge already defined".

However, I cannot locate the _merge variable in the dataset and thus cannot
drop it or rename it. Anybody got a reason for this phenomenon??

* For searches and help try: