From   "Lucy @ Mac" <>
To   Statalist <>
Subject   st: Merge data
Date   Fri, 09 Mar 2007 17:18:46 +1100

I've previously merged columns from A.dta to B.dta, but somehow the results
of those merged columns are not the same.

I'm trying to merge one more time. I can't seem to use -merge- anymore, but
there is apparently another command called -update-. Anybody got suggestions
as to how to go about this?

Should I drop those columns of interest to me in the master dataset first?
Or should I sort rename the sorting variables, and simply use -merge- again?

Help much appareciated.

Thanks in advance!