st: Multiple imputation and selection model

From   Andréanne Léger <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Multiple imputation and selection model
Date   Fri, 9 Mar 2007 00:31:30 +0100

Hi,

I am working on a dataset with 2 problems:

- missing observations for some countries that I assume are missing at random, and for which I use multiple imputation

- some countries are not in the sample because no data are available, and this is not missing at random but rather linked to the level of institutional capacity/ development. I could use a Heckman selection model to control for this problem.

Ideally, I would be able to address both problems at the same time - is it possible? Or should I solve the problems separately?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Andreanne