Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: -clogit- on proportions data?

Subject   st: -clogit- on proportions data?
Date   Thu, 08 Mar 2007 11:54:17 -0500

Statalist readers--

LIMDEP, version 8.0 can run a conditional logit model on proportions data for which the LHS variable consists of a set of sample proportions in [0,1], summing to 1 over a set of choices (see LIMDEP v.8.0 manual vol 2, p. E19-41).

Is anybody aware of a way to do this in Stata? I have searched (with terms "conditional logit" and "proportion") with -findit-, searched the FAQs and the Statalist archives and have found nothing that I can recognize as the same functionality.

If such a thing exists for Stata and it is easily findable with other search terms I apologize for my limited creativity. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thank you.

* For searches and help try: