Re: st: -ksmirnov- for discrete data

From   [email protected] (Roberto G. Gutierrez, StataCorp)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: -ksmirnov- for discrete data
Date   Thu, 08 Mar 2007 10:34:21 -0600

Ben Jann <[email protected]> writes:

> In September 2006, Stas Kolenikov pointed out that the Stata implementation
> of the Kolmogorov-Smirnov test (-ksmirnov-) produces flawed results on
> discrete data and that this could be fixed easily
> (http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2006-09/msg00483.html).

> As far as I can see, there has been no reaction to Stas' message on
> statalist and, although the date of the current -ksmirnov- version is
> 19dec2006, the program still does not seem to produce correct results nor
> does it issue a warning if ties are encountered.

We apologize for letting this one fall through the cracks.  A fix to
-ksmirnov- will be made as part of the next ado update.

> And, by the way, it would be a piece of cake to make the program work with
> fweights.

We'll look into that as well.

--Bobby