RE: st: Pareto v. lognormal

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Pareto v. lognormal
Date   Wed, 7 Mar 2007 12:22:56 -0000

Quite so. But this is different territory
(and in my view better publicised than Stas implies:
there are many books on the statistics of extremes).

Again, there are several Stata implementations, not
just for the Gumbel, but also for generalized Pareto,
generalized extreme value (includes Gumbel as a special
case), etc.

Stas Kolenikov