Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: centralizing survey data

From   "Stas Kolenikov" <>
Subject   Re: st: centralizing survey data
Date   Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:05:23 -0600

svyset whatever
svy: mean x
gen dx = x-_b[x]

or whatever -mean- leaves behind in Stata memory -- type -ereturn list- to see.

On 3/5/07, Stephan F. Groschwitz <> wrote:
Dear infinite Stata-List wisdom,

I'm also fairly new to stata and apologize in advance if this
question has been answered before and I can't find it.
I have a data set with survey data, and I'd like to centralize a
couple variables.
Unfortunately the svy: command does not work with egen varmean=mean
(var). Is there any other way to pass the weighted means into a
constant for centralizing purposes?

Thank you,

*   For searches and help try:

Stas Kolenikov