Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: centralizing survey data

From   "Stephan F. Groschwitz" <>
Subject   st: centralizing survey data
Date   Mon, 5 Mar 2007 13:09:00 -0500

Dear infinite Stata-List wisdom,

I'm also fairly new to stata and apologize in advance if this question has been answered before and I can't find it.
I have a data set with survey data, and I'd like to centralize a couple variables.
Unfortunately the svy: command does not work with egen varmean=mean (var). Is there any other way to pass the weighted means into a constant for centralizing purposes?

Thank you,

* For searches and help try: